Today’s recipe is for us chocolate lovers on diets that don’t allow any sweet things. Keto and Vegan-friendly!
For a month now, I have been in one of those. Hence the lack of new recipes on my blog. I have been trying to figure out what to post about in that area because obviously there are some things that I can’t eat. But in the end, I’ve just decided to go with the flow. I’m going to post about all and everything, but for now, most of them will be revolving around the kind of diet that I’m following.
Don’t worry, it’s still gonna be delicious and tasty !
But anyway, back to this recipe.
So basically it’s a really easy recipe, as usual, with just a few ingredients.
You’ll see that to make it less caloric and less carby, I used mainly sugar-free items. But if you have no problems regarding that, you can just use regular items just the same. It’ll only make it tastier ! Also for the chocolate, I personally prefer dark for this recipe, but you can absolutely use any kind you want.
If you are looking for the same items I used, I got them either on amazon or walmart.
Sugar-free Chocolate and Pecan Bark
- 250 g 70% or sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sugar-free caramel syrup (I used DaVinci’s)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter (you can use peanut butter too)
- 3 tbsp stevia or any kind of sweetener
- sliced almonds to taste
- pecans to taste
- Preheat your oven at 300.
- Lay parchment paper on a cookie tray and place your pecans on it before pouring melted butter on them. Oven-bake them for 5-10 min, then let stand to cool.
- In a big microwavable bowl, melt your chocolate with your coconut oil for about 1 min., checking every 30 sec.
- Take the bowl out and mix well before adding the rest of your ingredients.
- On a parchment-layed cookie tray, pour your chocolate and spread somewhat evenly.
- Sprinkle your pecans and almonds, and place the whole in your freezer for about an hour.
- Take it out and break unevenly with hands. Tip : be careful in this step, as there are a lot of oils in it. It might melt in your hands if not frozen for long enough.
- Store in a ziplock bag or container, in your freezer.
Tip : Be creative ! Add any type of topping you like to this. See it as a blank canvas !
All that’s left to do is enjoy ! But be careful, as it might cause some light binging lol. :’D
I hope you like it as much as I did.